Being a teenager is a challenging time in everyone’s life. Hormones are hard at work to make changes to the body, social and problem-solving skills are still developing, more complex relationships are forming amongst friends and family members, school work becomes more intense and independence is both craved and encouraged by elders.
With so many changes at one time, it is important that we check in with teens to ensure they are coping well and have the correct guidance to become happy, healthy, and productive young adults.
At Edgeworth Family Practice we believe in establishing a trusting relationship with our teenage patients and young adults. To help us with this, we have launched a Youth Clinic. Our Youth Clinic is a bulk billed consultation where teens from 11 – 19 can see our Nurse, Amy, to discuss anything they need to help them to thrive. This may include:
- Mental Health
- Bullying at school or work
- Changes to the body/Puberty
- Menstrual issues
- Sex and relationships
- Domestic and Family Violence
- Sexual Assault
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Body image and self-esteem
If you are a teen or have a teen that would benefit from our Youth Clinic, click the booking link below and select “Youth Clinic” when prompted for appointment type.
Helpful links for teens:
- org – For information about puberty and relationships
- Headspace – Mental Health, Stress and Mindfulness
- Kids Helpline – Phone or WebChat counseling for youth
- Lifeline – Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention
- 1800 RESPECT – Domestic, Family Violence and Sexual Assault Counselling Service
- MoodGym – Learn and practice skills to assist in the prevention and management of anxiety and depression
- School stress – Managing stress at school
- Bullying – Dealing with bullies